** Updated 13/3 ** – Butcombe is now fully planted, Upton Cheyney is well on the way. After this year both fields are more-or-less fully planted so no further mass planting sessions likely.
I have 1200 trees to plant in March 2017, filling gaps in the woodlands that we planted in 2015 (Upton Cheyney) and 2016 (Butcombe). That’s a lot less than we planted in previous years, and these will all be planted with canes and spiral guards (much faster than hammering in stakes) – but tree planting season is coming to an end so they need to be in the ground soon.
Saturday 4th March – Upton Cheyney – completed Sunday 5th March – Upton Cheyney – cancelled – too rainy Saturday 11th March – Butcombe – done! Sunday 12th March – Upton Cheyney – done!
- Tues 14th March – Upton Cheyney
- Thurs 16th March – Upton Cheyney (early finish)
- Saturday 18th March – Upton Cheyney
- Sunday 19th March – Upton Cheyney
- Sat 25th March – contingency if not finished – Upton Cheyney
- Sunday 26th March – contingency if not finished – Upton Cheyney (Mothers Day, you’re welcome to bring her with you!)
Weekdays – I’ll be planting trees at least one more day each week – if you want to join me please get in touch, dates are flexible
|Small Leaf Lime||25|
* plus a few extra which I’ve grown myself or bought from elsewhere
It will be much the same as previous years, but even better (two years’ experience of this I now, so what I’m doing now). Turn up, plant some trees, coffee break, plant some trees, lunch break, plant some trees, head home whenever you’re ready. Hot drinks and hot lunch provided, tent for shelter, all the usual facilities (and more parking space). No stakes and tree guards this year, only canes and spiral guards, this makes things faster and easier. The tree planting is optional, you’re welcome to come and just enjoy being there. As always the weather will be good on planting days, because in case of bad weather I’ll cancel/postpone.